Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

3 year old constipated?

(6 Posts)
bakingcupcakes Wed 14-Feb-18 20:35:53

Last week DS (3) was sick in the night twice on separate nights (Wed&Thurs) and generally run down, had a bit of a cough and a bit snotty over the weekend.

The last 2 nights he's been waking repeatedly complaining his tummy is too warm and he's been uncomfy/wriggley for a little while before going back to sleep. He hasn't got a temperature but his cheeks are flushed and he keeps saying he's too hot. He's still eating and drinking but I don't think he's had a proper poo since Monday. He usually has one daily. Today he managed one but it was small and hard. Does this sound like constipation? And if it is do I need to see the GP or can I buy stuff from the chemist?

catchyjem Wed 14-Feb-18 20:43:17

I'd go to a pharmacist, they can recommend something suitable.

ScottishDiblet Wed 14-Feb-18 20:45:06

Poor little thing. Try to really up the water intake and maybe try an ella’s Pouch of prunes over the next few days to see if that will help.

Uffishthought Wed 14-Feb-18 20:47:23

Second water, prunes, dried apricots, cherries etc. DD gets constipated unless she has regular dried fruit and I have to really make sure she drinks a lot. Hope he's back to normal asap.

bakingcupcakes Wed 14-Feb-18 22:08:53

Would raisons work until I get to a shop? He eats those. I haven't tried him with any other dried fruit tbh. It's not a problem we've had before.

Faze84 Fri 16-Feb-18 05:22:20

My dc gets this when he hasnt eaten enough fruit. I always give him a small box of apple juice when constipated and it bloody well works every time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now