Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Amoxicillin

(4 Posts)
user1465146157 Wed 14-Feb-18 17:20:27

Hi - my LO has to take 5ml of amoxicillin 3 times a day. The bottle is 100ml. After just doing the very first dose today, it looks like a third of the bottle is gone?

I definitely measured it correctly - is the course only going to last a couple of days?

nocoolnamesleft Wed 14-Feb-18 19:35:56

If the bottle is actually 100ml, then with 100% precise measuring (no one can achieve this), it would last for 6 days and 2 doses. Assuming a few drops natural wastage every time, I'd still expect 5 days to be very plausible. I presume you're measuring with a syringe?

DuckBilledAardvark Wed 14-Feb-18 19:38:39

Does the bottle tapir at the top? So they volume in the top half will be less than the volume at the bottom.

DS has this a few weeks ago and the bottle lasted the full course, I measured it with a calpol syringe as less chance of wasting it during the inevitable battle.

happymummy12345 Thu 15-Feb-18 18:05:14

My ds had that the week before last. I thought it wouldn't be anywhere near enough, but sure enough it was the correct amount.
We use a spoon as it's easiest now ds is older (2.5). He had the exact number of doses he was meant to have.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: