Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Swollen gland, base of neck. Anything to worry about?

(7 Posts)
Mumhomealone Tue 13-Feb-18 21:52:22

DS has often had visible glands since he was tiny. At the moment he has a very noticeable gland, right at the bottom of his neck, at the back, on one side only. He's had it at least a couple of weeks.

He seems to be well otherwise. He's complained a couple of times of headaches and muscle aches but hasn't had an obvious virus of any kind.

Should I be concerned?

Mumhomealone Tue 13-Feb-18 22:00:06

Bump

Mumhomealone Wed 14-Feb-18 09:52:20

Anyone?

SnowGoArea Wed 14-Feb-18 21:53:12

One visible lymph node in an otherwise well child is rarely sinister. I would say keep an eye and if you feel really worried get it checked at your gp, but it's not an automatic cause for concern by any stretch.

asneakysnickers Wed 14-Feb-18 22:59:37

When y son was 14 months he had a gland on the side of his neck, it transpired it wasn't anything to be concerned about, but the gp had
rushed it through to a referral, I'd take him in just to be sure

lettuceWrap Wed 14-Feb-18 23:16:41

Make an appointment with your GP, it’s probably fine BUT it should be checked out to exclude anything serious.

Maatsuyker Wed 14-Feb-18 23:24:01

It could be nothing, it could be cancer. Better to have it checked. Just let the GP check all lumps and bumps, most are harmless but hey, if they aren't then it's better to get treatment a.s.a.p.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: