Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Sore ear for 4 days.

(4 Posts)
Lemonnaise Tue 13-Feb-18 20:22:45

My DD(6) has been quite unwell with a sore ear since Saturday. This is the first time she's had a sore ear/ear infection. I've been giving her Nurofen and Calpol and some ear-drops. I seem to recall hearing that GPs don't like to give out antibiotics for ear infections now but I'm going to make an appointment anyway for tomorrow anyway.

Has anyone else's child had this for as long as 4/5 days and did it clear up by itself? She's in a lot of pain and just generally unwell. Thank you for any replies.

Tatapie Tue 13-Feb-18 20:38:25

I would get her to the GP, I've just had an ear infection and it's been really painful. Antibiotic ear drops she prescribed ( specific ones not general over the counter from the pharmacy) sorted it.

Lemonnaise Tue 13-Feb-18 20:42:47

Tatapie

Glad you're feeling better. Yes I'll make an appointment in the morning, I can't bear to see her in pain it's awful.

cestlavielife Wed 14-Feb-18 13:42:01

May need prescription eardrops go to gp

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: