Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

development concerns/13 month old

(3 Posts)
mammaseller Tue 13-Feb-18 17:20:37

Hi everyone , new mom here . In general I am a person that worries too much but since I became a mother my worries have gone over the roof.
So I have a 13 month daughter , born 5 weeks earlier . she is a very quiet and happy baby , eats well , sleeps well laughs and plays with me and her dad , has eye contact , want to stay mostly outdoors ,she babbles and to me seems ti say 'ade' and 'daya' beside mamama and dadad .also she points to things she want to get and was waiving till some days ago but now seems she forgot about it .she as a joint attention especially when watching videos in youtube, but she is not clapping or imitating and that's what worries me. she is focusing a lot on walking , she was a late crawler (10.5 months ), can stand up to the furniture and can make steps when I hold her but she does the steps on her toes ( thing that worries me too ) . do you think she is doing ok ? what are your experiences ?

Olympiathequeen Tue 13-Feb-18 19:07:58

She sounds to be developing just fine. Maybe you have some undiagnosed post natal depression? Maybe check with your doctor.

troodiedoo Tue 13-Feb-18 19:11:30

She sounds absolutely fine to me. Keep playing and having fun. Tippy toe walking is very common I believe. Check with your health visitor or doctor if you need extra reassurance.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: