Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

14 month old filling nappy 6-7 times a day

(7 Posts)
Shadowboy Mon 12-Feb-18 21:26:16

My 14 month old has been pooping on average 6 times a day for 2 weeks. Prior to this she usually went 2 x per day. The poo is not diarrhoea but is soft (sorry!)

What concerns me the most is how quickly everything comes out. I fed peas at lunch and by 4.30om they had come through. Same with blueberries- out about 4.5 hours later. I’m worried she’s not getting the chance to absorb nutrients. She also has in incredibly sore bottom as she’s going in the night without waking.

Should I see the docs? She’s absolutely fine in every other way.

BrutusMcDogface Mon 12-Feb-18 21:29:31

Sounds like very fast gut transit to me. My dd was diagnosed with something called "toddler diarrhoea" which we worked out was exacerbated by apple juice. If she's thriving and not losing weight then I'm not sure if it could be coeliac disease (I have this and tmi but everything went right through me, undigested, before diagnosis!)

Caenea Mon 12-Feb-18 21:37:07

I would see the doctor.

Don't try and experiment alone first, by cutting out x,y,z - go to the doctor first.

furryelephant Mon 12-Feb-18 21:37:11

It might be worth asking them to see, it can’t hurt especially with a little one. My Dd is same age and happens often with her, but it seems to be baked apple crisps and cows milk that triggers it for her!

Shadowboy Tue 13-Feb-18 06:34:11

Thanks - my instinct was saying visit the docs because it’s been going on for ages but I wasn’t sure if I was going to be wasting docs time.

Whydididothatfuckingthing Tue 13-Feb-18 06:39:18

See the doctor, mine was like this he is fructose intolerant.

BrutusMcDogface Tue 13-Feb-18 06:47:59

Yes def see the doc! It's not normal. Hope you solve it soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now