Advanced search

Precocious/early puberty anyone?!

(7 Posts)
Blossom4538 Sun 11-Feb-18 20:53:41

Hi all,

Dd is being investigated for this. She is 6, breast growth, growth spurt and body odour. No signs of hair yet!

Anyone else have little ones who have been through this? How did it start/progress? Did you decide to delay it? I believe it can stunt
growth if not delayed...

Blossom4538 Mon 12-Feb-18 19:15:12


FucksakeCuntingFuckingTwats Mon 12-Feb-18 19:20:53

My sister did. She started her period at eight. We discovered pubic hair at 7 when she was in hospital with suspected meningitis and had took her to the toilet. My mum no longer bathed her.

She decided not to give her the medication due to it possibly stunting breast size and growth. My sisters pretty small chested and five one and a half so says she is glad she never got it. She did manage with it all pretty well.

BananaFronkle Tue 13-Feb-18 22:49:19

I would recommend phoning the child growth foundation. They have a really helpful phone line and a facebook group. You'll find lots of other people who have gone through this. Best of luck.

Maya80 Thu 15-Feb-18 01:19:46

I'm wondering whether my dd has this. She is incredibly tall for her age, at recently 7 she's as tall as average 9 year old girls, but I'm almost 6ft and she's always been over 99th centile since a baby. She has had to wear a natural deodorant since she was 3 because even with daily baths she would get sweaty armpits and a bad odour from them within an hour or two which I knew was very unusual.

She doesn't have any breast growth yet but is a little chunky all over, not overweight but like I used to be "big boned". She has had a couple of hairs since she was a baby which at the time the GP said must have been born with from my pregnancy hormones, that they'd go, but they never did! She has a couple more that grew in the last 2 years. She is having major strops / very emotional and mood swings, not sure if that's a sign. I have PCOS so maybe it has something to do with that?

I'm not sure whether to take her to the GP or not at the moment. I don't really want her to go through blood tests and examinations unless absolutely necessary as I know she'd get anxious and scared. Any advice appreciated and op feel free to chat if you want to xx

Imagine123 Thu 15-Feb-18 21:21:00

Take her to the GP. These things are always best checked out. Trust your instinct as it can do no harm to get it checked.

Blossom4538 Fri 16-Feb-18 00:34:25

I know it’s a worry isn’t it. Dd seems to be breaking out in spots now! Also under assessment for other struggles and possible High Functioning Autism (perhaps Aspergers traits) 😬
I think perhaps go and voice your observations/concerns to your GP.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: