Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD Temperature 42 again

(3 Posts)
sassypants72 Sun 11-Feb-18 00:12:48

Does anybody else's children go this high?? We've had ambulances out in the past, and A&E staff didn't seem that worried.

She doesn't respond very well to either calpol or Nurofen, even given in 2 he stints

Doctors have now advised to do a Luke warm bath about 34 degrees, which I've just done.

It's such a worry, I hope it's something she'll grow out of, she's 6 now, and this has happened since she was a baby

Witchend Sun 11-Feb-18 11:34:58

Dd2 used to. She's grown out of it now she's in her teens, but she didn't do mild temperatures, and it would take 3 constant days of full amounts of calpol and ibroprofen to get it down again. Strangely, she didn't appear as ill with that as my other two get with a temperature of just over 38.

shewolfmum Sun 11-Feb-18 23:24:44

We do 41 here...i always let a fever do it's job..don't medicate.. but at anything over 41 would give belladonna or pulsatilla to help child be more comfortable and it has always reduced a fever for us here.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: