Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Intermittent vomiting

(8 Posts)
Sunshinegirl82 Sat 10-Feb-18 22:08:42

DS is 19 months. On Monday nursery called to say he had a temperature. They gave calpol and he had a nap and although not 100% they said he seemed OK. Tuesday he got very snotty which I thought explained the temperature. He has been a bit out of sorts but generally fairly happy.

Thursday night he woke in the night having been sick everywhere. He was sick one further time but then seemed to perk up, no further vomiting the following day or night.

He has now just been sick again and is in our bed. It doesn't seem like a tummy bug as its too infrequent. I'm wondering if it's just him swallowing phlegm and his body not liking it.

I'm thinking it's worth a trip to the doctors but I'm not sure whether to wait till Monday or call 111 in the morning for an out of hours?

SleepingStandingUp Sun 11-Feb-18 01:20:40

Why is him temp like and what is the vomit like?

SleepingStandingUp Sun 11-Feb-18 01:23:28

What not why

And huge sympathy for vommy kids which os sooooo much harder at night x

ObiJuanKenobi Sun 11-Feb-18 01:56:36

We have had this since last Wednesday with our 22 month old twins, 2 or 3 random sicks and then tonight they've both been up since 11pm being sick sad

Sunshinegirl82 Sun 11-Feb-18 07:21:11

His temp is normal at the moment, seemed to only be up for the first 24 hours of whatever this is. It was never super high (38.5ish). Vomit was one proper stomach empty but not repeated heaving. It's food as far as I can see not green or anything particularly unusual.

@obijuankenobi sympathy and solidarity! Perhaps it's a virus of some sort with vomiting as a sort of odd add on to a cold?! I hope you and your DC managed to get a bit of sleep and they're better this morning.

DS has woken up seemingly ok with lots of chatting so who knows!

Luckymummy22 Sun 11-Feb-18 08:20:46

Sore throat / sore ear - both can cause vomiting.

Could also be phlegm - especially after lying down.

Or maybe try and cut out dairy for 24 / 48 hours.

ObiJuanKenobi Sun 11-Feb-18 09:58:22

We were all up until 6am and then back up with it at 10! How's things your end? A nursery friend has messaged me saying theirs a bug going round so I guess it will be that.
Sending thanks

Sunshinegirl82 Tue 13-Feb-18 09:53:36

Well we saw the ooo GP on Sunday who checked him over and said there was nothing obviously wrong (apart obviously from snottiness and the vomiting!)

We sent him to nursery yesterday and he was fine until the afternoon when he was sick again twice. Picked him up and took him straight to the gp's and saw the nurse. She checked him again and says it's probably virus related but to bring him back if it doesn't improve.

Last night he was sick again. It's just so random and googling hasn't helped as it has suggested that recurrent vomiting can be a sign of a brain tumour so now I'm panicking about that!

I'm going to keep him off nursery for the rest of the week and take him back to the GP if he's sick again.

How are things with you @obijuankenobi?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now