Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Sorry TMI - diarrhoea

(3 Posts)
Positivelypeachy Wed 07-Feb-18 13:15:01

Afternoon.
Just incase anybody is eating their lunch, and reads on I'm gonna talk about poop and lots of it and don't wanna make any one hurl. Just a little warning 😂

For the past 4 nearly 5 weeks my 2 year old little boy has had diarrhoea. He has about 2/3 bowel movements a day and apart from the odd time it's being like rabbit droppings, it's mostly lose stools. Sometimes it has food what hasn't digested (I'm sorry) for example peas, sweet corn.

I've had him at the GP twice and he has fobbed me off with viral. Had his poop tested for any bugs etc and it came back clean. I rang 111 at the weekend for advice and they told me to go Gp out of hours.
Again, didn't really give me a lot of answers. Gave him antibiotics for a water infection as he thought that's what it was but then his water sample has come back clear?

He has had a cold and such and a bad cough but is generally well in himself. I just feel so sorry for him and am at my wits end what to do next? His nursery won't have him back till it has cleared up and my gp again is saying wait till it passes.

Anybody been through anything similar or can advise me what to do next. I'm worried something is wrong but nobody can give me answers.
Thanks in advance! Xx

dementedpixie Wed 07-Feb-18 13:56:43

It could be what's known as toddler diarrhoea and is quite common up to age 5ish. Supposed to increase fat and decrease fibre and avoid certain foods that make it worse

dementedpixie Wed 07-Feb-18 14:01:56

www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.wsh.nhs.uk/CMS-Documents/Patient-leaflets/PaediatricDepartment/6293-1-Dietary-management-of-toddler-diarrhoea.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiW9IWt-5PZAhUoB8AKHY8fCc8QFjADegQIDRAB&usg=AOvVaw21cv5RhJFQW20dVewJup3J this is a leaflet about it

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: