Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Rash on my babys cheeks!? (Picture)

(4 Posts)
ElleBear Wed 07-Feb-18 13:09:34

He doesn't have any other symptoms, no fever etc. It's been here for a few days and it keeps disappearing then flaring up. I've removed all new foods from his diet to see if it was an allergy. But it's still going.
It's only confined to his cheeks, no where else.
Should I go to the gp?

Feezles Wed 07-Feb-18 13:13:36

I think a rash like that on a little one is definitely worth getting the GP to check out - so I would definitely go. However, FWIW, it looks very much like something mine had when she was tiny, which was diagnosed as erythema toxicum - which sounds scary and totally isn't, it isn't dangerous and went away on it's own with no treatment. But definitely get it checked out.

mamamalt Wed 07-Feb-18 13:35:47

My DS has that and I’ve never worried. It’s like dry skin I think in our case and I just try to keep it moisturised as the cold air and heating make it look worse.
If you’re worried though always worth a GP visit. They could probably prescribe something to calm it down.

JustVent Wed 07-Feb-18 13:52:41

Looks very much like urticaria.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: