Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Do toddler scars eventually heal?

(5 Posts)
MummyToMiracles Mon 04-Dec-17 17:07:29

Hi, my 2 year old scraped her face (cheek) just under 3 months ago. It was just a tiny scab when it started healing, but unfortunately, she picked it a few times no matter how I tried to stop her! It has faded a lot (I have used scar gel and Bio Oil) but she still has a very visable half moon shaped indentation on her cheek. I can't stop staring at it and feel so guilty. It seems to go pink when she is hot or runs about etc. Has anyone been in a similar situation where the mark eventually went away?

Mammatron Mon 04-Dec-17 18:09:10

Yep my toddler also got a half moon scar in on his cheek that took ages to go. He got it in June and it's only the last couple of months that it's totally disappeared!

Missmiller Mon 04-Dec-17 19:24:02

It’ll fade massively as time goes on don’t obsess about it. My dd has terribly indentation marks following chicken pox and 3 years on they are still there but barely visible

ScouseQueen Mon 04-Dec-17 19:30:28

Silicone gel for scars is the best. Ask your GP to prescribe it (you can buy it but it's expensive. Also use sunblock on the area in the sunny part of the year. And give it time.

Milliways Tue 05-Dec-17 18:08:02

My DS was coated with scars from badly infected chicken pox with eczema when just a baby. People even asked what was wrong with him at the swimming pool when he was 2-3! They had all gone by age 5 though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: