Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Help - baby thrush

(5 Posts)
Missy450 Mon 04-Dec-17 05:41:45

My DS is 7 months. I bf and had a few antibiotic tablets before stopping as I think it made him throw up. He’s now got oral thrush quite bad. Worried it’s not going to go away.

What do I need to do? Do I really need to wash/sterilise everything he’s had near his mouth in the last week. He puts EVERYTHING in his mouth. Surely once we both have a healthy balance of good bacteria again, it can fight off a little bit of Candida present on a tv remote.

NeilPetark Mon 04-Dec-17 13:29:59

You need to be treated, both of you if you’re bf as you’ll pass it back and forth.

Missy450 Mon 04-Dec-17 13:55:01

I went to the doctor today and he only prescribed me an oral solution for my baby. I asked about treating me, but he just said the stuff in my babies mouth should transfer to my breast during feeding. I’ve taken an oral thrush tablet fluconazole anyway.

NeilPetark Mon 04-Dec-17 15:01:26

I don’t think you’re GP is correct, the NHS guidelines and la Leche league all say differently.

I was treated as well as my baby when I had it too.

Rainbowandraindrops67 Mon 04-Dec-17 15:20:33

You need datakarin cream for your nipples too else it will only come back - some gps can be v ignorant about bf and thrush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now