Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Pale...... then vomit.

(9 Posts)
tcameronuk Sun 03-Dec-17 19:23:03

Hiya!

Was hoping for some advice or a comparable tale to put my mind at rest.

Our second baby is now 13 months old and is picking up all sorts of lovely nursery bugs (Just like her big sister!)

Trouble we're having is how phlegmy she is. It seems to be getting stuck at the back of her throat, making her heave and then we see her vomiting. Sometimes a little, sometimes a huge amount!

She also goes very pale and blue around the mouth (once a day for the past 2 days) which I'm assuming is trapped wind. She is very mobile so any advice on helping her with that would be great.

Thanks in advance!

MsHippo Sun 03-Dec-17 19:28:39

This is coming from a very uninformed position but pale and blue around the mouth really doesn't sound good. Are you sure she can breathe with the phlegm in her throat? I think you need to talk to a medic really very soon about this.

tcameronuk Sun 03-Dec-17 19:35:46

Hi, she's breathing fine. She was crawling around like a maniac yesterday when it happened and today it was in the bath.

Her pallour seems to be a precursor to the vomit by about 30 minutes which makes me think gas bubble or something?

Chaosofcalm Sun 03-Dec-17 19:37:50

Blue around the mouth is lack of oxygen. Your DD needs to be assessed by a medical professional tonight.

Unwell children can present as well even if they have compromised stats.

cestlavielife Sun 03-Dec-17 22:10:17

Try and video the pallor to show the doctor. Or take pictures. Should check this out.

cestlavielife Sun 03-Dec-17 22:31:08

www.nhs.uk/conditions/cyanosis/

Needs checking out if lips going blue

Rainbowandraindrops67 Mon 04-Dec-17 15:22:02

Take her to your gp

Crazylou Tue 05-Dec-17 22:43:02

I agree she needs to be seen regarding going blue her oxygen level needs checked ive been there

Oly5 Tue 05-Dec-17 22:44:21

I’d get her checked to be honest. Kids can deteriorate quickly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now