Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Siblings needing the same appointments- any way to co-ordinate?

(10 Posts)
Snap8TheCat Sat 02-Dec-17 20:35:00

Both ds 1 & 2 have been referred for the same thing (podiatry) and the hospital we have to go to is a little bit of a trek. With getting appointments after school and at times we can make, it’s looking a bit hectic.

Is there any point in asking if the appointments can be linked and done one after the other? Or is there no point even asking?

Doilooklikeatourist Sat 02-Dec-17 20:36:05

Tell them you need appointments at the same time

Snap8TheCat Sat 02-Dec-17 20:43:47

We’ve only had letters so far giving initial appointments- do I tell the reception before we leave that appointment or wait for next letter to arrive and try and change it?

Doilooklikeatourist Sat 02-Dec-17 21:33:19

I’d tell them ASAP
Ring them up , and try and get the appointments one after the other
If it helps you. It helps the hospital in the long term

Snap8TheCat Sat 02-Dec-17 22:27:01

Thank you, I’ll call them Monday.

Has anyone got experience of dealing with this? Would be good to hear if it actually works in practice.

Anotherdayanotherdollar Sat 02-Dec-17 22:29:02

Where I work we'd ask the secretary to book a double appt for the two kids?

Snap8TheCat Sat 02-Dec-17 22:38:04

Is that a hospital anotherday ?

Thank you.

Elend Sat 02-Dec-17 22:41:23

I work in an outpatients clinic and we cant book 2 initial appointments back to back as they keep 3 specific times every day for new patient slots. Follow up or review appointments however, are a different story and we will work with the patient to get a requested time where possible - you may just have to wait a bit longer for the appointments if you specifically need 2 together and also after school. Every clinic is different, so theres no harm in asking!

Snap8TheCat Sun 03-Dec-17 07:49:07

Thanks elend good to know.

I already have their first appointments and that’s when it dawned on me what a logistical nightmare it was going to be. I’ll give them a call tomorrow and see what they advised doing. It can’t be unusual can it?

StrangeAndUnusual Sun 03-Dec-17 07:53:20

Yes of course. My 3 all need the same yearly appointment and the hospital have a note on their file to book them consecutively - the paed just sees them all together during that triple slot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now