Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Something that tastes revolution but is harmless

(9 Posts)
Fekko Fri 01-Dec-17 18:41:20

DS has bitten his nails to his elbows. It looks sore, revolting and he can't/won't stop.

A little while ago I stupidly licked my finger after I had been cleaning with bleach and I could still taste it 2 days later. I had never tasted anything so rank.

Now if only I could find something - obviously not bleach or anything harmful - that I could use on his fingers that would stop him dead when his hand goes into his mouth... the nail bite varnish just doesn't stop him (I think he may even like the taste).

Any ideas?

Fekko Fri 01-Dec-17 18:41:46

Revolution? Revolting! Darn autocorrect!

SpeckleDust Fri 01-Dec-17 18:46:09

Nail the Habit (if he’s old enough)

Fekko Fri 01-Dec-17 18:46:21

What's that?

HelloSquirrels Fri 01-Dec-17 18:47:52

You can get nail varnish thats clear specifically for this that tastes horrendous.

HelloSquirrels Fri 01-Dec-17 18:48:29

(Oops i imagine thats what speckle has mentioned!)

SpeckleDust Fri 01-Dec-17 18:49:56

www.octer.co.uk/product/d8b68a3aea6f/pretty-quik-nail-habit-25ml

I think you can buy it in places like chemists/Superdrug

SpeckleDust Fri 01-Dec-17 18:52:20

It tastes very bitter, so bad that my nail-biting DD refuses to put her fingers anywhere near it confused

AiryFairy1 Fri 01-Dec-17 18:55:18

Aloe juice - but I doubt it’s commonly available - I grew up near loads and it was also used to discourage thumb-sucking (not me, my older cousin!!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now