Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Flu vaccine information

(3 Posts)
bumpertobumper Fri 01-Dec-17 14:18:07

Wondering if I can get some help - I am looking for scientificly sound, objective information about the nasal spray vaccine, can anyone point me towards some useful sources? Ie not the NHS site, which I've read, not anti vaxx sites.

I am all for vaccines generally , but have questions about the flu one and want to make an informed decision for my children. I am scientificly literate, and not looking for a bunfight - I know this can be an emotive subject, I don't want to get into pros and cons, just find information.

TIA

Y0uCann0tBeSer10us Fri 01-Dec-17 18:08:02

I totally understand the desire to be informed beyond the information on the NHS website. Below are:

Fluenz tetra package insert with some information in the rates of side effects and contraindications.
www.medicines.org.uk/emc/PIL.29109.latest.pdf

This version has more info including efficacy data
www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_library/EPAR_-_Product_Information/human/002617/WC500158412.pdf

Cochrane review into the use of flu vaccines in children (incidentally they make some somewhat damning comments about the lack of reliable data and bias of industry funded studies)
www.cochrane.org/CD004879/ARI_vaccines-preventing-influenza-healthy-children

bumpertobumper Fri 01-Dec-17 22:02:45

Thanks so much YouCannot, I'll have a look at those links...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now