Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Sickness bug or concussion

(5 Posts)
sammie96 Thu 30-Nov-17 18:35:42

My 8yr old son bumped his head above his ear at 1pm today, there is a mark and a lump. At 5pm he was very sick. There is a bug going around. I'm sure it's that but have a little niggle in case it's related to his head bump. No headache as such but sore where the bump is, no dizziness or blurred vision. I'm after reassurance really.

10FingersOnTheFender Thu 30-Nov-17 21:42:03

Sort of similar happened to my DS (2.5) not long ago...

Fell out of bed onto hard wood floor at around 11pm. Said he had sore head (but I couldn't feel a bump). At around 7pm the next morning he vomited.

At the time, DS was getting over very bad cold and was full of phlegm. He's vommed in the past when he's been like this (I guess to get rid of phlegm).

Anyway, I rang dr who said that, in the absence of other symptoms (e.g. headache or blurred vision or lost consciousness when he fell or clumsy/lack of coordination), the vomiting was unlikely to be linked to the knock on the head. And he was right in this instance.

Not sure if that helps you! Hope he's ok.

sammie96 Fri 01-Dec-17 16:35:10

Thanks for your reply. He vomited several time between 5 and 8 but luckily nothing since. A few of his friends are off with sickness today so it's likely to be that.

Luckymummy22 Fri 01-Dec-17 18:35:00

When my son was sick 6 days after getting his head glued 111 sent him to A&E. I only wanted to see an OOH dr as thought he had an ear infection.
But really not worth taking chance. Phone 111 or go to A&E

MaisyPops Fri 01-Dec-17 18:37:59

It could be either.
Call 111 and explain and they can advise what to do.
As it's bug season I would keep him off from school/clubs 48 hours to make sure.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: