Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Anybody know what this rash could be?

(4 Posts)
PinkHippo94 Wed 29-Nov-17 15:30:25

My 10 month old daughter has had this rash come up on her leg yesterday. She’s had a runny/stuffy nose for the past week and a chesty cough for a couple of days, she also has had a bit of diarrhoea and been off her food.
I took her to the doctors yesterday and he said she has a viral infection but isn’t sure what the rash is.
I initially thought it may be chickenpox but I’m not 100% sure.

PinkHippo94 Wed 29-Nov-17 15:31:19

Just to add, she has a few more spots than these but just random ones around her body.

Luckymummy22 Wed 29-Nov-17 19:00:46

Could be hand foot and mouth.
Or sometimes my son gets a rash towards the end of a virus.
But if you’ve not seen GP since rash came out then I would phone 111 for advice.

PinkHippo94 Thu 30-Nov-17 09:26:00

I don’t think it is hand foot and mouth but it was my first instinct, I saw the gp about the rash and he said it may or may not be chicken pox, looking at it now I don’t think that it is chicken pox, and it probably is what you said in regards to a rash because of the virus. I will just keep an eye on it. Thanks for your reply.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now