Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Lump in teenage boys Breast

(7 Posts)
tryingnotpanic Tue 14-Nov-17 19:03:13

Ok - talk me down. My teenage son has found a lump behind his nipple and it is tender. Phoned Doctors who have said ring tomorrow and they will fit us in.
A quick Google seems to suggest it is likely to be a gynecomastia which are common in teenage boys (who knew!!) and harmless.
I know you can’t tell me it’s ok but any experience would be great. On my own with the 4 kids and just need a hand hold!

cathyandclare Tue 14-Nov-17 19:04:54

Sounds like a breast bud which can happen in teenage boys, it’s. Hormonal thing.

nocoolnamesleft Tue 14-Nov-17 19:41:20

Agree with cathyandclare - overwhelmingly most likely to be a breast bud. Get it checked out, but please don't worry too much.

tryingnotpanic Tue 14-Nov-17 21:03:11

Thanks guys. Feeling a bit calmer and more rational now.

52isjustanumber Tue 14-Nov-17 21:05:45

Very common,my son had this too when going through puberty.

elephantoverthehill Tue 14-Nov-17 21:06:32

I took DS1 to the GP with this a long time ago. I was told it was completely normal. DS2 complained about it and I just reassured him. Both DSs are fine.

tryingnotpanic Tue 14-Nov-17 22:25:44

That’s reassuring. Thanks for taking the time to reply to a slightly paranoid mother.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now