Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

6 months old and disturbed sleep

(1 Post)
EmmaJR1 Mon 13-Nov-17 21:29:10

My son is 6 months old and has always had a sensitive stomach. When he was 3 months old I had to switch him to comfort formula with gripe water and use Infacol to ease his trapped wind.

As he has matured his stomach has gotten better and I stopped using gripe water and Infacol.

He started food about 5 weeks ago, just starting with some baby porridge in the morning and adding a light dinner then a lunch and then a dessert over the next few weeks. His formula intake decreased accordingly.

Last week he got a cold, very stuffy snotty nose and off his food/formula. His temperature was 38.4. No sleep for 48 hours. I gave him calpol and used a nasal spray. I saw a doctor and he said to carry on and give water as well.

Now a week later and he is suffering badly with trapped wind, it’s waking him up every hour or so through the night when he has previously regularly slept 11 hours. He is uncomfortable and occasionally in pain until he passes very smelly wind. He has been on a liquid diet only for 3 days but his appetite is low and his bowel movements are really smelly.

He is also potentially teething as everything and anything is going in his mouth.

Does anyone know what might be wrong? The doctor and HV don’t seem worried but he’s not himself and it’s worrying me. From a selfish viewpoint I’m suffering from lack of sleep and I’m 10 weeks pregnant so I’m really feeling it.

Tonight I have put him to sleep I his side with 2 towels rolled up either side because this is the only comfortable position for him.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now