Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Wake Sleeping Sick Baby for Meds and Feed?

(4 Posts)
Meowstro Mon 13-Nov-17 16:52:02

Baby of 14 weeks has a suspected chest infection, no temperature and was mildly chatty in between episodes of coughing, wheezing but has been pretty sleepy and not wanting to be flown around the room (much to DH's confusion hmm). She's stopped drinking the same as she was but has had plenty of wet nappies although today she's been asleep virtually all day barring 3 hours spaced out with an hour here and there, I could put her down for a sleep even and that's unheard of. She will be half asleep crying, feed for 2-5 minutes on me then fall asleep, no amount of feet tickling or ear wiggling working to keep her awake.

Her antibiotics were due at 3.30pm but I see many mums don't wake for meds. Would you wake her up?

Meowstro Mon 13-Nov-17 16:53:44

Forgot to add, she was prescribed amoxicillin by doctor yesterday, so far she's had 2 doses.

gunsandbanjos Mon 13-Nov-17 18:43:50

Would definitely wake for meds, or at least get them in when she's sleeping if possible.

My daughter has had multiple hospital admissions for pneumonia and the nurses will wake for meds.

It's so important they get them as they can go downhill fast at that age.

catladyinthemaking Mon 13-Nov-17 18:49:30

I’d wake her up.
Letting them sleep through a feed is alright but definitely not meds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now