Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Advice regarding high temp

(5 Posts)
Fluffyblanket17 Mon 13-Nov-17 16:03:53

Just looking for advice, my 5 year old daughter has had a temp for 3 days 39-40 degrees, but no other obvious symptoms. She’s quite pale and had a couple of naps over the weekend, which is unusual but apart from that she’s been ok. How long should I leave it until I contact doctor? I’m usually good at judging when a doctor is needed, and what’s just viral etc, but this time I have no idea. Thanks

Mugshotzforlunch Mon 13-Nov-17 17:09:13

I would ring 111 only because the symptoms sound like sepsis symptoms. Obvs there are more symptoms for sepsis. But high temp, lethergy/excess sleep and paleness (mottled or bluish skin) are 3 of the symptoms.
I know those symptoms can be a number of things including viral but I always err on the side of caution.

Phillipa12 Mon 13-Nov-17 17:13:05

What ^ ^ said. Xx

HappyLandFan Mon 13-Nov-17 17:25:22

Call 111 now.
Hope she feels better soon.

Fluffyblanket17 Mon 13-Nov-17 17:41:18

Thank you, my son has had sepsis a couple of times and was really really poorly so that didn’t cross my mind, I’ll phone 111 now and see what they say. Thank you for your replies xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now