Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

6 yr old boy's willy/foreskin

(8 Posts)
ZigZagIntoTheBlue Sun 12-Nov-17 07:38:54

Not something I feel comfortable asking my friends with boys, and for obvious reason I'm not keen to Google it!

Has anyone else's ds had foreskin that didn't naturally retract? My son has been complaining of a hurty willy so I will take him to docs this week, but I'm sure I read online that they should have naturally retracted by now?

He also struggles with wetting himself, eneuresis clinic aren't interested as he isn't 7 yet. Could these things be related?

dementedpixie Sun 12-Nov-17 09:48:45

Some don't retract until puberty so not an issue yet.

Tika77 Sun 12-Nov-17 09:54:16

I don’t know why you can’t google it... It’s perfectly normal until a much later age for the foreskin not to retract but if he’s wetting himself a lot during the day I’d try to get some help for that.

Jogel Sun 12-Nov-17 10:02:48

Had the same problem with DS, the end of his willy would 'balloon' when he was having a wee and the pressure would build up until it sprayed out everywhere!
We were advised to have him circumcised, which we did, aged 5. I realise this is a very unpopular procedure on here. DS is now grown up and his Dad has asked whether he wishes he was intact. DS said that he doesn't know any different, everything works fine and is very enjoyable (sorry TMI, but I've seen it mentioned on here that you'll be denying your son sexual pleasure).

chipsandpeas Sun 12-Nov-17 10:31:06

jogel have a circumsion for medical reasons is completely different from having it done as a baby for no need

ZigZagIntoTheBlue Sun 12-Nov-17 19:47:31

Interesting you say about the balloon effect Jogel, I've noticed that in DS. Are you in the UK? When I've mentioned it to gps here previously they've just basically said go away and it'll sort itself out hmm

dementedpixie Sun 12-Nov-17 20:36:02

From what I've read ballooning isn't a reason for circumcision either. It should come away naturally in its own time

dementedpixie Sun 12-Nov-17 20:42:30

www.drmomma.org/2011/06/ballooning-in-intact-child.html?m=1

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now