Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Lump in lower left abdomen-constipation??

(7 Posts)
Missmiller Sat 11-Nov-17 21:08:20

My dd has been complaining of tummy ache for a few days. Tonight, I decided to feel her belly as she said it was hurting. I was horrified when I felt a gold ball sized hard lump on her lower left abdomen. I took her round to my parents house and they very helpfully calmed me down and reassured me that they thought it was constipation. She’s 5. As a background, she’s always had pellet like poos since our of nappies and has had a poo tonight that was really hard pellets stuck together. Is a hard lump likely with constipation in a young child ??

uhoh2016 Sat 11-Nov-17 22:06:14

Could it be a hernia?

cedoren Sat 11-Nov-17 22:11:48

I don't know, but only an HCP can reliably examine her abdomen. Go to the GP on Monday.

Missmiller Sat 11-Nov-17 22:16:46

I don’t think it’s a hernia but if it doesn’t go by Monday she’ll be going to GP. Xx

cestlavielife Sun 12-Nov-17 11:47:50

Yes
Pellets is constipation.
Probiotics including actimel type drinks can really help but she prob needs prescription softener from gp

dratsea Thu 16-Nov-17 04:14:23

Constipation, at that age? - Usually. "Could it be a hernia?" A hernia that you can feel in a 5 yr old would normally present as vomiting.

Missmiller Thu 16-Nov-17 12:00:29

Yes it’s constipation! Am trying diet changes to help her with it and regular toilet time after meals

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now