Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Teeth, mucus, vomit, repeat.

(2 Posts)
loolapell Thu 09-Nov-17 15:35:23

Just wondering if anyone else has any similar experience. My daughter is almost 11 months old. Fully weaned onto solids, and drinking milk. She has a great appetite and loves her food, but lately been vomiting. It has happened in the past but this bout has gone on a bit longer. She is teething (although I have been hearing myself say that for months), she cut a top tooth a couple of weeks ago and has been uncomfortable since then. Drooling, biting, waking at night, all the usual. But on Tuesday, straight after her lunch, she coughed and coughed, then vomited it all back up. Did it again with her evening meal. Yesterday did it with evening meal, this morning with breakfast. I have been to see the GP today who assures me she is fine (no temp, not dehydrated etc). She is keeping milk down, and other snack type foods, little wafers and veggie crisps etc so I know it's not viral. But I don't know what to do!!! Should I not be feeding her meals? Should I be feeding her meals and bracing myself to be covered in sick?? Any advice or anyone that can just relate would be nice! At my wits end truth be told, and doing it alone because dh at work.

Dumbledoresgirl Thu 09-Nov-17 15:37:48

Hmm, little direct experience of this despite being the mother of four children, but could you try feeding smaller, more frequent meals rather than one large meal? That way, a coughing fit might not result in the whole meal being brought up?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: