Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

dear daughter

(5 Posts)
teshbah Thu 09-Nov-17 01:21:09

my dd was diagnosed with Precocious Puberty when she was 5.5yrs olds. I noticed early signs of PP like mature body odour, height spurt and fine hairs on pubic area at that time and took her to dr. luckily my GP was a very good and referred her to endocrinology clinic straight away. After many blood tests, scans and MRI, PP was confirmed. my daughter started having Decapeptyl injections every 10 weeks. after 6 month review, her injection frequency was brought to 8 weeks as she was still growing fast. and again After 6 month review with her consultant she is having her injections now every 6 weeks.
she becomes very moody and exhausted near her injection time . she hates to go for injections. it's a struggle to go through every 6 weeks. I now bribe her every time for hospital appointments but still face to do lots of persuasion. Any advice is welcome in this regard.
My DD is just 7.5 yrs old but her height is already 135cm and wear shoes no 1. She has full blown hair growth on body and face. I am very worried as some kids in school teased her about having facial hairs as they are visible. I have talked to her teachers about her condition and teasing. They are very supportive and looking into ways to help her. luckily her best friend is a caring and stick with her most of the time.
I am clueless what to do as she is very young for any kind of treatments like wax or laser or shaving. For me to deal with all this is draining as I want her to enjoy her childhood without any worries and difficulties. I feel like having a young teenager who is innocent and cannot understand her condition.
I want to spread awareness about PP as many people don't know about it and how it affects the child and family. I have created a forum about PP.
youngteens.createaforum.com/index.php

I hope It would help many people..thanks

t1mum3 Sun 12-Nov-17 20:00:09

Saw that this was unanswered and just wanted to say thank you for raising awareness. I am glad to hear your DD has a supportive friend.

teshbah Tue 14-Nov-17 23:48:45

thank u for your reply. I am still new to online world and learning..

BlackSwan Wed 15-Nov-17 20:38:19

We have (or will have) the opposite problem. DS will need to be given hormones to induce puberty - and I'm just so disappointed for him...I want him to feel like everyone else.
I hope you and your daughter get through this ok - as time goes on, with her peers 'catching up', will it be less of an issue?

teshbah Wed 15-Nov-17 22:32:14

Thank you very much for participating. Sorry to hear that your son is facing the issue as it is always a concern for every parent if their kids get puberty early or late. My dd may have the issue of height as it is quite visible even after being treated but I think it is good that at least it was diagnosed and being treated. I wish your son all the very best and pray for his good health.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now