Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Swallowed? Oilatum bath formula

(5 Posts)
Mum0708 Wed 08-Nov-17 20:31:47

Help! Today i was bathing my 3 month old baby, i put one and half cup of oilatum bath formula in his bath ( as doctor describe, because he have eczema ). My baby still cant hold his had, so i am holding it at my own, and this time he suddenlly put his had forward - down exactly inside bath water - so bottom of his face ( nose, cheeks, mouth ) on one second was in water - i catched him with other hand and one my finger get in his mouth, so he get water with oilatum on his lips and probably tong - because of my finger.😢 Maybe anyone had situation like this, I dont know call nhs or not? He looks fine, and now he sleeping - as it is his bed time. Feel horible and scared 😭

Bungleboggs Wed 08-Nov-17 20:35:09

The oilatum will be hugely diluted in the water. If it’s only only your finger he will be fine. Try not to worry x

MonkeyBrainsInPickle Wed 08-Nov-17 20:38:28

My daughter is older but she drinks the bath water with Oilatum in it all the time ( I do tell her not to do it). I don’t think you need to worry.

Mum0708 Wed 08-Nov-17 20:50:53

Thanks a lot for answers, I really feel better now🙂

nocoolnamesleft Wed 08-Nov-17 22:42:53

Given the age, just double checked the ingredient list. They'll be fine. If they'd had loads, they might just possibly get loose poo. The amount you describe, I'd be gobsmacked if even that happened. Please relax.

Oh, and stop beating yourself up. Oilatum makes them slippery!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now