Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DS temp of 35.3

(8 Posts)
spottystripey Wed 08-Nov-17 18:12:46

He's 8.5 years and doesn't feel well. Just taken DD's temp as she is running a temp and he wanted to check his. I am cooking tea. He has just shouted downstairs that it is lower than the box says it should be.

Have told him am sure that's fine as it is a high temp that is the cause for concern but just googled for reassurance as I hastily cook at the same time and can't find anything. Only thing I can find on NHS is that .3 degrees lower and it would be classed as hypothermia.

Can someone sane come along and reassure me that (of course) he is fine please?

Quartz2208 Wed 08-Nov-17 18:16:18

I would take it yourself first the chances are it's user error if he has done it himself!

GlitterGlue Wed 08-Nov-17 18:17:18

Did he take his own temp? Do it again and see.

Polly99 Wed 08-Nov-17 18:20:08

He’s able to shout about his temperature. I reckon he’s fine.

Migraleve Wed 08-Nov-17 18:31:06

No one can reassure you that he is fine, however I echo the above advice, you need to take his temp yourself!

Wiggles9408 Wed 08-Nov-17 18:34:03

Deffo do it yourself, if it’s digital does he know he needs to wait for the longest time ever before it beeps as it climbs to the right temp? If he just popped it in it wouldn’t be accurate smile I’m sure he’s perfectly fine smile

HeyRoly Wed 08-Nov-17 18:36:50

When I get a low reading it's usually because I couldn't get a proper reading - either because the child moved or because I didn't get the probe far enough inside the ear.

spottystripey Thu 09-Nov-17 10:10:32

Thanks all. He was fine, as you all predicted. I couldn't come back on the thread last night as I was seeing to DD, who was poorly with a high temp. Neither of us got much sleep last night but she is fine today with a normal temp. Funny how quickly these things come and go!

Thanks again x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now