Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

teenage girl and headaches

(5 Posts)
myrtleWilson Tue 07-Nov-17 16:59:18

Hello - we're booked in to see nurse practitioner next week but just after some reassurance (hopefully) regarding teenage girl (almost 15) and headaches - what is normal?

DD has been complaining that last 2/3 weeks she's had headaches - no other scary symptoms (no vomiting, no change in demeanour, no double vision, loss of balance etc)

But she has said they've increased in frequency and she claims they can be bad - am not doubting her interpretation but would caveat that they've not stopped her doing anything to date.

Period in question covers half term where diet and sleep patterns weren't the healthiest and she's got some friendship stress (and background family stress) that is flaring up.

So - am hoping that the headaches are a combination of lifestyle, hormones, unexplainable and not a VERY BAD THING. (I have tendency to catastrophise so I'm working hard not to here -but equally don't want pendulum to swing too far into blasé-ness) .. but how normal is normal?
thanks!

Neolara Tue 07-Nov-17 17:01:07

I'd get her eyes tested..

myrtleWilson Wed 08-Nov-17 12:11:34

yes - I forgot to include this in my plan... yesterday was ok on the headache front - today is parent's evening so who knows who will have the headaches tonight!

myrtleWilson Wed 08-Nov-17 22:22:36

have booked and eye test for tomorrow so we'll see what that brings... I think she's worried about it now sad

myrtleWilson Thu 09-Nov-17 20:18:51

Went to opticians and perfect eye sight so one potential cause of headaches crossed off list... roll on Tuesday for appt at Drs - have been reassured by HeadSmart that most brain tumours presenting with headaches also have other symptoms and none of these exist. I'm hoping its a combo of stress/hormones/screens etc (obviously am not wishing stress on DD...)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now