Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Rash on 9 week olds babies face

(11 Posts)
emjellis1991 Mon 06-Nov-17 10:31:50

My LO has a rash in her eyebrows and it looks to be on her top lip and chin and cheeks. Not sure what it could be. Her head under her hair is fine. Not seeing the HV again until 11th December. Any ideas? Pictures attached

cestlavielife Mon 06-Nov-17 16:58:07

If you worried take her to a drop in baby clinic .
So long as she feeding pooing peeing etc should be fine but there should be drop in baby clinic every week

yikesanotherbooboo Mon 06-Nov-17 22:26:40

It’s hard to see very much in the pictures . Is it cradle cap?

furryelephant Mon 06-Nov-17 22:32:06

It looks like dry skin or possibly the start of baby acne- born completely normal. If you can’t see a HV, a pharmacist might be able to take a look for you if you’re worried smile
She’s super cute though smile

fuzzywuzzy Mon 06-Nov-17 22:34:49

Can’t see the spots clearly. But my baby had a sort of red small rash type spots on her face when she was a few weeks old. I started washing her face in the morning with a little baby soap and it went away very quickly. Noticed a difference almost immediately.

desperadoville Mon 06-Nov-17 22:36:15

Looks like a bit of eczema. But you can see a HV on a weekly basis, so I'd drop in to one of their clinics or see the GP if you're worried.

HumpHumpWhale Mon 06-Nov-17 22:38:18

Oh she's lovely! I too think it looks like eczema.

readyforapummelling Tue 07-Nov-17 07:00:00

My DD had exactly the same thing. Does he have cradle cap on his head? I used Oilatum in her baths, baby Aveeno and gently massaged her eyebrows with a baby flannel glove after baths followed by baby aveeno moisturiser.

Avoid any Johnson’s products as will make worse.

CarlHickbread Tue 07-Nov-17 07:05:12

Are you breastfeeding?

DS has this and a friend recommended rubbing breastmilk into the rash, it cleared it up in no time.

emjellis1991 Tue 07-Nov-17 08:44:04

She doesn’t have cradle cap on her head but seems to be in her eyebrows it makes them look ginger. She is feeding and going to the toilet fine. I will keep an eye on it and buy some oilatum and stop with Johnson’s. I have some aveeno so will give that a try or some e45 smile thanks everyone

yasmin05 Wed 08-Nov-17 10:19:01

Rubbing breast milk does the trick. Dd had the same sort of rashes before and a friend told me breast milk is a home remedy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now