Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

do you think it's asthma?

(5 Posts)
lyssie29 Sun 05-Nov-17 22:36:34

my daughter had a charity run today. She was pretty out of breathe but she's only 4 and thought nothing of it. It's 9 hours after the run and she's really chesty like she's got a chest infection but its just appeared and when she coughs it sounds like a bark. Should I get her checked over tomorrow or do you think just a cold? She's not breathing fast or anything.

PurplePillowCase Sun 05-Nov-17 22:42:35

could be.
the cold air and exercise are pretty common triggers.
observe her over night and see the gp (or asthma nurse) as soon as you can.

lyssie29 Mon 06-Nov-17 09:47:13

thanks. She slept ok just a bit restless and she's said this morning she feels ok but still very chesty. If it was asthma would it be gone by now? She was on inhalers last year but I was told it wasn't asthma but from a heart condition she had which she had an operation for and it would disappear.

PurplePillowCase Mon 06-Nov-17 10:11:31

if it was asthma and wasn't treated, from own experience it can take a good few days to get back to normal.
see someone asap. it's cold outside and not being able to breathe properly is hard work and is utterly miserable

Justbookedasummmerholiday Mon 06-Nov-17 10:15:21

Ds 3 has just been diagnosed with asthma after weeks of coughing fits during the night and episodes of breathlessness during the day-(running around and after laughing a lot!) He wasn't chesty at all otherwise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now