Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Coughing attacks leave me unable to breathe

(4 Posts)
Jenna04 Sun 05-Nov-17 19:16:04

Hi I’m 13 and I experience coughing attacks which leave me unable to breathe when I go to breathe it’s like my windpipe completely closes and the air dosent go anywhere after this I am sick and then cough up a clear liquid can anyone help I visited my gp and gave me some antibiotics and said my chest was clear but nothing has improved

MarshmallowNougat Sun 05-Nov-17 22:24:14

Hi Jenna, I don't want your post to go unanswered, have you read this thread:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/general_health/1275890-Help-coughing-fits-that-stop-me-breathing

Perhaps you could see your GP again?

Hope the coughing stops soon.

shewolfmum Sun 05-Nov-17 23:40:28

Maybe film an episode and play it to doctor...could be whooping cough. Check out whooping cough vit c protocol and dose up as it really helps manage symptoms

nocoolnamesleft Mon 06-Nov-17 01:23:08

I wonder if you might be experiencing gastro oesophageal reflux - acid from the back of the throat can come up, and hit your vocal cords, which can make them spasm so you can't breathe. Getting better by being sick would fit in with it. It would be more likely if you also have any trouble with heartburn (pain in the middle of your chest), or tend to be sick easily, or ever taste sick at the back of your throat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now