Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

How long before chicken pox rash showed?

(6 Posts)
CarolJones342 Thu 02-Nov-17 13:30:51

Hi everyone!

Am just wondering how long it took for your children to come out in the chicken pox rash? My little boy was at a party 19 days ago and over the following 3 days 10 of the 20 kids at the party came out in pox (starting with birthday girl the evening of the party!). He’s had cold symptoms for the past 5 days or so and has a bit of a temp. What are the chances he could still come down with it? I read it can be between 7 and 21 days but am I right in thinking it’s not too common for it to be in the tail end of that timescale?

We go on holiday on Monday so am praying he doesn’t get them!

moonmaker Thu 02-Nov-17 13:46:11

Dd was at a party too on the last day of last term . Her spots showed up on the Thursday so on the 6th day after , and her friends showed up on 3/4 days

Ecureuil Thu 02-Nov-17 13:49:10

It was 7 days here, thankfully as we had a holiday booked too!

CarolJones342 Thu 02-Nov-17 13:51:28

Most stories I’ve heard have been between 7 and 14 days so am really hoping that we’ve escaped it!! We’d lose £400 on insurance excess if we had to cancel!!

Sunnydaysrock Thu 02-Nov-17 13:54:08

Really sorry, but my DS got it about 19/20 days after being exposed. Hope you do dodge it this time though.

Twopeapods Thu 02-Nov-17 21:52:39

My older DD got it but I don't know where from as none of her friends had it, but DD2 got it exactly 14 days after my DD. A lot of my friends said two weeks as well.
Good luck and if there are no spots come Monday then go and enjoy your holiday!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now