Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Toddler sick!

(6 Posts)
Onewayup Tue 31-Oct-17 19:32:37

Hi, this is my first ever Mumsnet post! I am the proud owner of a 13 month old girl who spent most of last night projectile vomiting her dinner and most of what she ate for the rest of the day all over her bedroom!

I've avoided giving her milky things today and she's been ok-ish. Just wondering how long you normally leave it before reintroducing dairy after a tummy bug?

Thanks for any help!

Themummy76 Tue 31-Oct-17 20:09:10

I wouldn’t leave it too long as at 13 months she still needs milk - when you say milk products does this include her normal milk? If she’s formula or breastfed you can keep this up as normal. If just on cows milk I would reintroduce slowly tomorrow

abbsisspartacus Tue 31-Oct-17 20:11:15

Just start her off slowly has it finished or is it erm working it's way through her system confusedis

Onewayup Tue 31-Oct-17 21:14:17

Thanks! She's on straightforward cows milk these days. I haven't given her anything dairy today at all and she seems to be ok and has held her food down. I don't want to start again too soon though. I would say by now that hopefully it is "ah hem" through her system. Just don't want to find out the hard way if I'm wrong!

Hairq Tue 31-Oct-17 21:56:00

I'd leave it another day with the dairy and then reintroduce slowly. When DS was that age I watered down his milk for a couple of days after bugs to make sure he kept everything down.

abbsisspartacus Wed 01-Nov-17 07:28:35

One more day really won't hurt

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now