Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Where do I get private flu jab in London

(7 Posts)
Mimmi78 Sat 28-Oct-17 10:58:59

Can anyone help. I’m looking for a clinic that will vaccinate dd7 and ds5 in London /south east. They both qualify for school but it will be done on the last week of term in December. I feel it’s too late, too close to xmas and don’t want any side affects & we live with a vulnerable adult who has compromised immune system. None of the pharmacies I’ve tried will do a child! I have googled the life out of it!!!!

SquirmOfEels Sat 28-Oct-17 11:11:03

You might need to try a travel immunisation clinic or pribpvate GP.

It's seriously difficult to get flu jabs for under 16s (and some chains under 18s) at pharmacies.

But the cohabitants of the seriously immuno-compromised can receive the jab free on the NHS regardless of age. Have you asked your GP if your DC might qualify in those grounds? Because if so, then you can just book them in to a jabs clinic at your surgery.

HateHomework Sat 28-Oct-17 14:19:52

Isn't this for kids?
healthclinics.superdrug.com/services/flu-vaccine

PurplePillowCase Sat 28-Oct-17 14:23:05

talk to your gp. friend’s dc were given the injection by gp as living with a immunocompromised person so they couldn’t have the nasal spray vaccine.

holdthewine Sat 28-Oct-17 15:32:27

A private GP service like the Smart Clinic might do it. Or The Portland?

Mimmi78 Sat 28-Oct-17 19:04:35

Brilliant ideas! I foolishly only checked Boots in town!! It’s Superdrug on Monday and cheap as chips!! GP was not worth the begging, they really could not be bothered!!!!

AnnabelFan Sat 28-Oct-17 19:06:29

Asda do it as well for £5 smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now