Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Concussion after 4 days?

(4 Posts)
Strawberryshortcake40 Fri 27-Oct-17 15:03:23

Had someone drive in the back of my car on Monday, I was stationary, was low speed. However my 10 year old DD was turning at the time and her forehead hit the side window. After a few mins it had started to swell to a lump and bruise but she felt okay

But this morning she is still complaining of a bit of a headache from it. She was quite irritable Tues and Wed but I put that down to her being unsettled by it and other than a slight headache she was fine.

Calpol doesn't seem to help but she's not keen to run round and worried about bumping it again.

I did consider the Drs yesterday but she was admanant it was feeling better, I just expected it to be gone by now?

Thiswayorthatway Fri 27-Oct-17 15:17:54

Take her to the GP now

WobblyLondoner Fri 27-Oct-17 15:26:05

Do take her to the GP. Concussion is serious and can last for a while. I speak from recent experience!

Strawberryshortcake40 Fri 27-Oct-17 15:31:39

Well I won't get a gp appt until Monday. Not sure it's really a and e worthy?

I did plan to get her an appt yesterday morning but she was feeling better first thing then and by the time it felt worse the appts for the day had gone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now