Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Blotches on face

(9 Posts)
JonSnowsWhore Thu 26-Oct-17 09:47:24

Any ideas? I thought allergic reaction but she says she hasn’t put anything on her face (she’s 11 so would remember) I haven’t changed any washing powder etc. All I can get from her is it ‘feels weird’ especially where the skin is peeling by her lips confused

MrsKCastle Thu 26-Oct-17 09:51:58

Could it be a reaction to something she has eaten?

JonSnowsWhore Thu 26-Oct-17 09:55:03

She was at her friends yesterday so will ask what she ate, although knowing her it would not be anything out of her comfort zone grin
Do you think she should have a bit of children’s piriton to see if it goes?

JonSnowsWhore Thu 26-Oct-17 10:05:07

🙄 she made that stupid slime stuff at her friends yesterday, I bet she’s been playing with it or the ingredients & touched her face. Piriton given to see if it helps

shewolfmum Thu 26-Oct-17 20:57:28

Bet it was that op...has some funny chems in if i remember the recipe

JonSnowsWhore Thu 26-Oct-17 21:05:01

Well she didn’t use borax so nothing that strong. She’s been out with her dad for the day & it’s still there, and she said it’s been itching a bit. More piriton given. It has to be that doesn’t it?

If it get worse then I’ll take her drs, Just didn’t want to rush off there if I could sort it with what I had at home!

butterfly198615 Sat 28-Oct-17 16:01:32

My daughter had a rash similar to this and I couldn't think what could have caused it as I hadn't changed anything. Then it dawned on me I was using a new detangler on her hair it was a vo5 two phased one that you shake to mix together before you spray it. I stopped using it and her rash went the next day.
She also gets a rash if she has used that goo you get especially the Scooby doo ones with the figure in. When she was little she used to put it on her face and it came out in a flat red mark, it didn't stay though and went down within a few hours.x

Witchend Sat 28-Oct-17 23:29:32

It could be slapped face (palvo virus). One of mine started with it looking like that, although within a few days she was covered head to foot in it.

JonSnowsWhore Sun 29-Oct-17 09:31:08

Butterfly that’s what I’m thinking that it’s that bloody slime she made 🙄

Witch it seemed to be fading quite a bit by yesterday, but she went to my mums for a Halloween party last night so haven’t seen this morning. She won’t put any Halloween make up on though incase it makes it worse thlgrin clearly got a sensible one there

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now