Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Possible pox- do we need to quarantine both children?

(8 Posts)
Fishinthesink Wed 25-Oct-17 21:17:41

DD2 (12 months) might have chicken pox- we should know for sure by the morning. DD1 hasn't had it- no signs as yet. Do we need to keep her off nursery as well on the assumption she's contagious?

Not totally sure about DD2 tbh though - she's a bit prone to eczema and funny rashes and hasn't (according to Dp - I've been away for a few days) been ill. We would definitely know if she had it, right? She's got pimply spots on her knees and legs and her chin, but none on her torso at all. Also what looks like bad nappy rash.

Ah. It's terrible timing. We're supposed to be having a party at the weekend!

welshweasel Wed 25-Oct-17 21:19:00

No need to keep unaffected child off.

BikeRunSki Wed 25-Oct-17 21:23:29

In pretty much every sibling group I know, the siblings were not affected at the sane time 11-14 days apart seems normal.

PotteringAlong Wed 25-Oct-17 21:24:10

No, send her to nursery.

Solasum Wed 25-Oct-17 21:25:22

Could it be hand foot and mouth?

CoffeeCupCake Wed 25-Oct-17 21:29:43

It could be impetigo / skin infection. My son has eczema and has had that a couple of times, it sounds similar to what you describe (especially the nappy rash).

Fishinthesink Wed 25-Oct-17 21:41:55

Could be HFM. Impetigo goes crusty doesn't it?

Good news then- DD1 is going in regardless! She's got the immune system of an ox anyway. She's never ill. Which is why we've never been through most of the usual childhood illnesses...

CoffeeCupCake Wed 25-Oct-17 21:49:31

It was just a red rash appearance when my son had it, some of them did go a bit scabby but I wouldn’t say crusty!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now