Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Big red patch of toddler arm after pre school boosters

(6 Posts)
BossWitch Wed 25-Oct-17 14:55:13

Dd (3) had her pre school boosters jabs yesterday afternoon. She was pretty fine with them and ok yesterday eve apart from sore arms. Today she has been under the weather, not eaten, generally been a bit unhappy. She's been in her pjs until about an hour ago when I got her dressed as we're driving up to see the ILs. One of her arms is really red where she had the injection, it takes up most of the upper arm. My dh isn't worried, says he reacts like that to most injections even the flu jab, but when I sent my mum a copy of the pic she was worried.

Dd is currently fast asleep in the back of the car. No temperature or anything and hasn't seemed too bad today, if I'd not bee off work anyway if have sent her to nursery.

Wwyd? Any experience of redness after booster jabs?

BossWitch Wed 25-Oct-17 14:58:50

Having just looked on NHS website it seems this is a pretty normal reaction, so I suppose I will just let her sleep it off in the car and keep an eye on her.

EllaMenoPea Wed 25-Oct-17 15:00:52

Is that the second MMR as well? It looks exactly the same as my DD's after, if you're worried get it looked at but it's listed as a normal side effect on the leaflet we were given after and she was fine within a few days. Hope your DD feels better soon

shewolfmum Thu 26-Oct-17 21:03:49

Poor wee one if it gets any bigger she should get it looked at, how is she?

BossWitch Thu 26-Oct-17 22:50:00

Still about the same size now, maybe a bit smaller. She's a bit miserable but I think that is more down to being constipated than the jabs. Quite tired and not a great appetite yet though.

shewolfmum Thu 26-Oct-17 23:02:04

Aww poor wee one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now