Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Chicken Pox?

(7 Posts)
RibenaMonsoon Tue 24-Oct-17 07:13:15

Fellow mumsnetters I require advice please.

My poor teething 1 year old DS has red spots over his chest, face and happy area.
I'm a first time mum and the immediate thing that came to mind was chicken pox.

He's not to my knowledge been exposed to kids that have it but he has been around other children a lot lately.

He was meant to have his one year jabs today but I'm probably going to have to reschedule that.

I want to take him to the doctors to get this spotty rash officially diagnosed as the spots don't seem to be the same look as full blown chicken pox and i want to make sure it's not something more serious.

DS has had a slightly raised temperature although still below 38 and has been extremely irritable.

My concern is that I don't want to expose vulnerable others to chicken pox but at the same time I want to get it diagnosed so I can be sure of what it is.

What would you do in my situation?

Any advice you can give would be gratefully received.

LunarGirl Tue 24-Oct-17 07:14:53

Call the surgery and explain. If the Dr is happy to see your ds they'll probably arrange a room for you to sit in so you're not in the main waiting area. It's what they do at mine. Hope he's OK!

newmumwithquestions Tue 24-Oct-17 07:20:02

Agree - call gp. When DD got hand, foot and mouth I assumed it was chickenpox as I knew she'd been exposed. It didn't seem quite right though so I called the doctors and they suggested bringing her in.

newmumwithquestions Tue 24-Oct-17 07:21:19

Oh and just to add I went straight to another room (well after querying it with the receptionist!) and the nurse came to us.

RibenaMonsoon Tue 24-Oct-17 10:16:47

Thank you for your replies. Got doctors at 1.40. Told them possible chicken pox and they are putting us in a separate room. Thank you both very much! smile

LunarGirl Wed 25-Oct-17 07:21:19

How did your DS get on at the Dr's?

RibenaMonsoon Wed 25-Oct-17 19:04:45

Good thank you.
Not chicken pox. Doctor thinks it's a viral thing. He's not been himself lately and he's not been getting a lot of sleep as he's had 4 molars and 2 incisors breaking the gum all at once bless him. I think he's run down.
The spotty rash has cleared a bit on his body bit it's more prominent now on his face and bum.
Will take him back to doctors if it's no better tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now