Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Dd has constant diarrhoea

(10 Posts)
hattiesmumm Thu 19-Oct-17 06:21:24

It’s been going on for about 6 months. She can go upto 10 x a day. Even through the night, like last night she went twice which both leaked then she’s just sharted! It’s stressing me out.

I’m wondering if she’s intolerant to cows milk?! She seems to worse after milk but also even after formula. She has a bottle at night before bed.

Rainatnight Thu 19-Oct-17 06:22:59

She should really go to the doctor. Have you taken her?

AuntieStella Thu 19-Oct-17 06:23:57

Make a GP appointment as soon as you can.

Lasting diarrhoea is something that should always be checked.

hotbathsdontmeltfat Thu 19-Oct-17 06:27:21

Lactose intolerance can begin after a stomach bug, definitely cut out the milk and see what happens after 2-3 days
You didn’t say her age, see a doc if under 1

Fairylea Thu 19-Oct-17 06:39:12

Definitely a gp trip needed if you haven’t already.

hattiesmumm Thu 19-Oct-17 06:44:58

She’s 16 months. It’s so hard to get doctors appointments here! I will try and get one today xx

DirtyNell Thu 19-Oct-17 06:54:24

It could be toddler diarrhoea- one of mine had it as a one year old. The HV said her diet was too low in fat, I started putting pesto and grated cheese, and Philadelphia on or in everything, and she was solid by the next day. Just as well, as I was newly pregnant, and barfing everywhere, including on her' poor wee thing, as I changed her vile nappies!

DirtyNell Thu 19-Oct-17 06:56:04

on her, poor wee thing,

Babieseverywhere Thu 19-Oct-17 06:56:39

Formula is usually cow's milk based.

hattiesmumm Sun 22-Oct-17 07:55:01

Changed her milk to lactose free milk and she hasn’t had one diarrhoea nappy since! It’s gone solid for the first ever time, and only going once or twice a day instead of 20 times!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: