Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD only not crying when she is in the bath? Can I get this fixed tonight?

(11 Posts)
namechangechildrenshealth Mon 16-Oct-17 21:59:49

DD is 9 and has a suspected UTI. She can only pee in the bath (I know sounds gross!) or she'd be in tears. She is very itchy unless in the bath. She's been in there a good part of the evening, thinking it feels better, getting out and then it's bad all over again.

Thanks.

BamburyFuriou3 Mon 16-Oct-17 22:01:51

For the itch have you any nappy cream? That can really help.
Call 111 and get an OOHS appointment?
Also is she constipated? That can stop them weeing sometimes?

pimmsy Mon 16-Oct-17 22:02:35

I'm sorry she's going through this, it's rotten. The only thing I can suggest is that she drinks as much as possible, I'm an adult but my doctor always says to aim from 1.5-2 ltrs in half an hour.

Maverick66 Mon 16-Oct-17 22:02:41

You could try giving her an antihistamine. Would take the itch out of it?

123rd Mon 16-Oct-17 22:02:44

Really not sure apart from drinking lots and lots( but obvs means she will need to wee lots ) don't know if an all night chemist( if there are any near you ) would sell something for a child... or if you can get something and give her an appropriate dose. I have no idea what an appropriate dose would be so please be careful.

ginmama Mon 16-Oct-17 22:20:57

A teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda dissolved in a jug of lukewarm water and poured over as she's peeing is soothing, and easier than getting into the bath for every pee. Drinking as much as she can - anything at all, though cranberry juice is meant to help.

whatsleep Wed 18-Oct-17 22:24:20

I’d try and get her an OOH appointment, the sooner she starts antibiotics the quicker she will feel better. If weeing in the bath helps her then just go with it (sounds like cystitis if it burns when she wees) not sure cream would help as the burn is probably just inside. poor thing hope you get sorted soon ☹️

Heratnumber7 Wed 18-Oct-17 22:29:38

Cal poly works too.

perhapstomorrow Wed 18-Oct-17 22:33:19

As a sufferer of cystitis that my 10 year old dd has inherited I would say the biggest thing is lots of water. Also try one sachet of the cystitis relief powder. I would also give her some Calpol. Take her for a urine test tomorrow just in case she has an uti.

mineofuselessinformation Wed 18-Oct-17 22:33:53

Have you sought medical advice? You need to. Poor dd.

Toomuchocolate Wed 18-Oct-17 22:35:30

Aw bless her. For the itch vagisil is great, relieves it in seconds. I would take her to the gp though as she's so young. Poor mite, it's bad enough as an adult, let alone at her age.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now