Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Is this worth a trip to the GP? Sorry may be TMI

(5 Posts)
shitwithsugaron Sun 15-Oct-17 19:56:48

Tonight while dressing DD (23 months) after her bath I noticed she was quite sore and red around her vagina. This isn’t unusual especially when she’s had tomatoes, which she hasn’t today. She does tend to get quite a bit of nappy rash.

She has quite a lot of discharge (sorry bleurgh!) around the whole of her genitals, which looks white and like curd.

Also, her bits look quite swollen for want of a better word...they’re quite full if that makes any sense at all. Obviously changing her bum 2000838 times a day, I know what looks unusual and it defiantly doesn’t look as it normally does.

Do I bother the GP or just a trip to the pharmacy?

Ropsleybunny Sun 15-Oct-17 19:57:56

Definitely GP.

shitwithsugaron Sun 15-Oct-17 20:09:56

That was my first instinct but I’ve never been one to rush her to the doctors for nothing. Thanks

Itsanicehotel Mon 16-Oct-17 12:09:08

Is she scratching or bothered by it? The discharge Sounds rather like thrush which can cause redness/swelling. But it's often very itchy and/or sore. Would definitely let GP see her.

ASDismynormality Mon 16-Oct-17 12:10:13

I would take her to the GP, sounds like it might be thrush.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now