Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

16week baby constipated HELP!!

(3 Posts)
Tch1 Thu 12-Oct-17 20:37:57

My little one is 16 weeks old and seems to be really constipated. She's both breast and formula fed (2bottles a day as I am preparing to go to work). She has gone from 4 poos per day to roughly one in 36 hours. She seems in a lot of pain with her stomach. Legs crumpling, arching back, red faced, crying, whimpering and hitting her stomach.
When she does go it's very pasty, stinks and explodes out of the nappy!!
I live in a country that only Nestle formula is available. I'm also having to boil bottled water to make these bottles as the tap water is desalinated and not safe.
I have tried massaging her stomach with oil in a clockwise direction, cycled her legs and given her cool boiled water. I am really stuck. The nurse keeps telling me it's 'normal' however I know my baby and that pain is not normal!!
Any other hints or tips?
Also I can't find anywhere how much cool boiled water to give her?! She's having about 100ml per day. Should I increase this?
Any help greatly appreciated

Blueberrysandgrapes76 Thu 12-Oct-17 21:42:11

I’d actuslly take to doctor as soon as you can. That doesn’t sound normal. How pale is the poo? If it’s really pale then that’s bad.

Tch1 Fri 13-Oct-17 00:35:18

The poo is still quite yellow.. only comparison I can make is a creamy Korma confused By pasty I mean texture. I will go to the doctor tomorrow regardless

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: