Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

calling foot experts - are DD's feet ok?

(7 Posts)
Yeeyeelovesraaraa Thu 12-Oct-17 12:32:29

DD (2.11)'s shoes are wearing unevenly, with much more wear evident on the insides. I'd put this down to wear from her balance bike but noticed today when she was running that her feet seem to lean in. So I've taken some pics and wondered if anyone with any knowledge of childrens feet could advise if all looks ok or not?

Yeeyeelovesraaraa Thu 12-Oct-17 12:34:23

also from front & side if that helps.

MagicFajita Thu 12-Oct-17 12:40:14

I'm no expert obviously , but her feet look similar to mine , I have a slightly wonky gait!

If you're worried though please get her checked by your gp , it's better to address these things than not.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 12-Oct-17 12:44:52

Also not an expert, but I think it is pretty hard to tell from looking at a static picture.

Polter Thu 12-Oct-17 12:53:30

The pictures do seem to suggest some over-pronation (flat feet) so I would ask for a referral to a paed physio. I'm not an expert but ds has orthotics and his feet are very similar.

Without support she might get pain in her shins, knees and hips so I would definitely get it looked at.

cestlavielife Thu 12-Oct-17 23:03:05

Get gp to refer to physio and or podiatrist/ orthotist. Probably needs supportive boots and or insoles.

Yeeyeelovesraaraa Thu 12-Oct-17 23:36:47

thanks for your replies. Think I'll let the gp take a look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now