Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Constant post viral cough. My sanity hangs in the balance

(8 Posts)
magentastights Wed 11-Oct-17 19:52:34

DD nearly 10, over the sore throat and runny nose, left with constant tickle cough. She has no fever, no headache, left with this cough. It’s driving me MENTAL. I know she can’t help it but I’m going slowly mad.

dementedpixie Wed 11-Oct-17 19:53:42

Piriton can sometimes help if its post nasal drip

OuchBollocks Wed 11-Oct-17 19:55:56

I have a 3 year old DD, a 7 month old DS, and a DH all with lingering post viral coughs. 3 fucking weeks and counting of coughcough splutter coughcough coughcough spluttercough from one two or all three of them 24/7. I'm losing the bloody plot.

OuchBollocks Wed 11-Oct-17 19:57:36

Plus everywhere I go I'm sure people are judging me for dragging my 'poorly' children around with me as they cough cough cough.

AndromedaPerseus Wed 11-Oct-17 20:01:33

Try covering her feet with thick layer of Vicks vapour rub and covering with socks especially good during the night

magentastights Wed 11-Oct-17 20:02:43

I’ll definitely try the vicks and socks.
I’ll let you know if my mind survives the night

Horses4 Wed 11-Oct-17 20:03:27

14 weeks here. Daughter has connective tissue disease and has had a constant cough since July. She got yelled at by a woman in a concert the other week, when it wasn't even that terrible. If she had heard her when she sounded like a dragon on 40 a day.....

TomFun Wed 11-Oct-17 20:04:37

I've got that cough as well, it's driving me nuts! I'll try the Piriton, thanks PP. I've had it for three weeks as well sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now