Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Childhood obesity success stories?

(1 Post)
AChickenCalledKorma Wed 11-Oct-17 17:18:43

DD2 has finally admitted to me that she would really like to learn to eat more healthily and tackle the excess weight she is carrying. This is something of a breakthrough. She definitely needs to get it under control.

I'd really love to hear anyone's success stories about how to help a child break out of unhealthy eating habits. I know there lots of advice online but I want to hear what WORKS!

She's 12 and has always put weight on very easily but it's climbed a lot in the last couple of years. We've been trying to help, without giving her a complex, but not getting very far. It doesn't help that her older sister and father are both very slim and can pack away junk without apparent consequences. Or that I am very overweight and have never managed to conquer it either. But we've agreed to make it a joint project!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now