Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Blood on sheets

(8 Posts)
HelenFlorence2015 Wed 11-Oct-17 14:11:28

Hi, I found blood on my 2 year old daughter's sheets 2 days ago, and some around her mouth. Has anyone else experienced this? I am a little worried as there are no obvious cuts.
Thanks.

MrsMarigold Wed 11-Oct-17 14:17:42

Is she a nose picker - I sometimes find DS picks his nose so vigorously in the night he ends up with a nose bleed, most wipes off on the sheets. Lovely.

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Wed 11-Oct-17 14:21:42

Came on to say nosebleed - DS has suffered from nosebleeds in his sleep all his life, he's 17 now and has a steroid cream which has reduced the frequency.

HelenFlorence2015 Wed 11-Oct-17 14:35:14

I think the fact it's around her mouth rules out nosebleeds. The following morning I found a much smaller amount of dried blood n her lips. Not sure whether I am over reacting, Eeeek, being a mum is so hard! I never know whether I am fretting over nothing, but on other occasions I have overlooked something thinking it's nothing to then discover I should have taken her to the doctors weeks ago

Fantasticmissfoxy Wed 11-Oct-17 14:39:15

It's possible she bit her tongue or lip a little bit in her sleep - I'm a teeth grinder and do this from time to time. Unless it happens again or it was a lot of blood I wouldn't worry about it.

steppemum Wed 11-Oct-17 14:41:45

does she get crakced lips?
They can bleed, but lips heal over quickly so may not be obvious by morning.

HelenFlorence2015 Wed 11-Oct-17 16:51:19

Thanks, perhaps it had healed by the morning as you say. I am a little less worried now.

Avebury Wed 11-Oct-17 17:19:46

Mine used to get this sometimes when they had teeth coming through

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now