Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

wetting the bed

(5 Posts)
sobeyondthehills Wed 11-Oct-17 07:13:09

DS5 has started to wet the bed again, we had about 3 months of him getting up and going to the toilet when he needed to.

However last night, he wet the bed three times. I am not sure if this is just a phase or whether its worth phoning the doctor.

His drinking has not increased, although he is recovering from a fairly bad cold.

ShowOfHands Wed 11-Oct-17 07:19:52

The only time ds ever reverted to being wet at night was when ill or recovering from illness. He would be exhausted and sleeping too deeply.

Keep an eye on him today and overnight tonight and if it continues, I'd get his urine tested. Is he otherwise well apart from the cold?

sobeyondthehills Wed 11-Oct-17 07:22:03

Thank you for the reply

Apart from the cold he is fine, it does seem to be a lingering cold with lots of sniffing

Tilapia Wed 11-Oct-17 07:24:09

At this age, after only three months of being dry, I think it’s normal to have phases like this. Maybe put him back into night nappies and try again in a few weeks.

sobeyondthehills Wed 11-Oct-17 07:49:05

Thanks Tilapia

He is refusing to wear any type of nappies, however it might be something I look into.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now